We obviously don't have a book picked to read for July yet. Since our host for July has left the bookclub and there's only about a week until the June bookclub, we have some decisions to make. Tracy will likely be out of town for the July 8th book club meeting. So, it will probably just be Jenni, Sox, and Jenny. So, what do you guys want to do about the meeting?
We can quickly pick a book, read it, and carry on as usual. Or, we could scrap the book for the month because we won't all be there anyway and go to dinner or see a movie or something. Or, we could just cancel for the month.
I'd rather not cancel, since I look forward to our discussions. Is anyone else going to be out of town on the 8th? I'm happy to host, but I'm hoping to do my book picks in September as usual. Personally I think it'd be fun if we went to dinner or a movie or something. I'm going to put up a poll--vote on what you want to do.
Also, our ward will be moving mutual night from Tuesdays to Wednesdays, starting August 1st, so we're going to need to move Book Club off of Wednesdays. What would work for everyone?
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Let's see.
1. Any excuse to get out of the house is fine. I vote for movie, or dinner and a movie. Or a get together and an old movie. Skipping it is fine, but not my first choice.
2. New days that are good, Tuesday, Thursday (just not the first thursdays)
3. I won't really have time to read a book in June for July anyway, so skipping the book part for July may be a good deal.
I voted for dinner and a movie, but like Sox's idea of night in with an old movie too - we could do that at my house if you want PB m&ms - we could watch Wuthering Heights!!!;) Or maybe Rebecca... But as you know I'm always up for a night on the town too!:)
Post a Comment